DRAFT – SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Organizing Committee invites proposals for the Tutorial Program of ISCW2003,
the Second International
Semantic Web Conference,
to be held
Proposals for tutorials should be no more than 5 pages. Proposals should contain:
· A brief description of the tutorial, including: goals, detailed outline, justification of why the tutorial is important, background knowledge required and potential attendees.
· For eight hour tutorial, kind of hands-on activities to be carried by the attendees, software needed for running the hands-on activities, procedure to allow the participants to install the software on their computers as well as all the technical requirements needed for running it. The software needed for running the hands-on activities will be provided by the Tutorial speakers.
· Information about the tutorial speakers including name, address, affiliation, email, phone and fax.
· A Short CV of the presenter(s), including background in the tutorial area, previous experiences held, references to published work in the area and evidence of teaching experience. Having more than one tutorial speaker is strongly advised. In that case, who will be the contact person.
· A list of the support material to be given to tutorial attendees. Together with the power point slides used for the presentation, having a technical paper describing the content of the tutorial is strongly advised.
· A list of audio-visual or technical requirements and any special room requirements.
Tutorial organizers will be responsible for the following:
Submit the URL for
your Tutorial to the tutorial chair by
· Providing a brief description of the tutorial for the conference web page.
· Production of all the technical material before September 5 to be used for teaching the tutorial: tutorial notes, technical paper and CD for allowing the participants to install the software needed on their computers. Each tutorial organizer will provide to the tutorial attendees a CD with all the software required for doing the hands-on activities.
should be submitted in PDF, by
Facultad de Informatica
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo sn
The ISWC2003 Organizing Committee will be responsible for the following:
· Providing publicity for the tutorial as a whole on the conference's web page. The ISWC2003 page will provide a link to a tutorial's local page.
· Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the tutorial.
· In conjunction with the organizers, determining the tutorial date and time.
October 20, 2003 Tutorial day